I’ve been asked a few times what the best film I’ve seen or my favourite movie, now that’s a hard question; as a Star Wars I can easily put the 8 Star Wars films in my top ten but I thought I’ll make it harder by doing a top ten without and of them and then put the Star Wars films in my favourite order. Let’s start with my top ten (wonder how many times that will change!)
- The Day After Tomorrow – Always watch this when on, love that it focus on climate change with our current state of the world, I also like that why unlikely this is entirely possible.
- Room – Emotional, outstanding acting and Brie fully deserved her Oscar, based on a true story, loved it.
- The Breakfast Club – The Brat Pack, I love the mixture of characters and who couldn’t love the soundtrack by The Simple Minds.
- The Commitments – Outstanding songs and a decent story one I often rewatch. Andrea Corr appeared in this but didn’t do any singing.
- Hacksaw Ridge – My Oscar tip for this year, great school and the effects and acting were outstanding.
- Die Hard – Could’ve put any of them or even Rush Hour or Lethal Weapon but had to go back to the original, Bruce Willis at his best.
- ET – Who couldn’t love this, the first we saw of Drew Barrymore and all ET wanted to do was phone home.
- St Elmo’s Fire – Another Brat Pack film, I loved the different difficulties the group had as growing up again another classic theme song.
- Alice in Wonderland (2010) – I didn’t even need to look the year up for the remake by Tim Burton, Mia was the perfect Alice for me and this takes you back to your childhood and a film I often watch when need to chill.
- Nocturnal Animals – Another new film that’s just come out, I was totally engrossed in the movie and the ending confounded me however it was fitting, it’s another Amy Adams film that has a twist at the end.
It’s very easy to extend this list and will probably change often (like my music). I could’ve easily have had Moana, Wall-E, Now You See Me on this list plus many others.
To add I always watch it’s a Wonderful Life, Polar Express and the Santa Clause movies every Christmas.
Star Wars film in my favourite order –
- Rogue One
- Star Wars
- Revenge of the Sith
- Return of the Jedi
- A Fore Awakens
- The Empire Strikes Back
- Attack of the Clones
- The Phantom Menace
All these would feature in my top 20 as have grown up with them.