As it’s fast approaching that time of the year I start to watch a Christmas Movie every weekend until Christmas plus whatever news ones are at the Cinema, last Thursday saw me watch A Bad Moms Christmas which is the start of my Christmas viewing and possibly the start of a few Christmas Movies at Cineworld (Daddy’s Home 2, The Star) so I thought I’ll do my top 5 Christmas Movies.
1. The Polar Express – I feel in love with this movie when I first saw it, it’s a Animation film but features real people but animated using live motion capture. It follows a young boy who has started to disbelieve in Christmas as he boards the Polar Express where he learns along with other children about Friendship, Bravery and the spirit of Christmas which is what I loved about the film
2. The Santa Clause – Starring Tim Allen this is a Disney live action film where a separated father accidentally kills Santa and after putting on his suit takes on the role of Santa even though he doesn’t believe in Santa and is taken to the North Pole by Santa’s Reindeer where he has to believe but he still doesn’t for the following year until he finally accepts it.
3. The Santa Clause 2 – Set 10 years after the original Scott (Tim Allen) is happy in his role of Santa when the Head Elf shows him the Mrs Clause Clause where he has to find a wife or he will stop being Santa. I loved the way the teachers act when they get gifts they wanted when they were kids that Scott had got them whilst he tries to impress Carol (Elizabeth Mitchell) who is Charlie’s (His son) teacher. This is only below the Original Santa Clause because it is a sequel.
4. Elf – Probably one of the most popular Christmas I only watched this for the first time last year and absolutely loved it. Buddy as a baby stowed away in Santa’s toy sack and was raised as an Elf in the North Pole but as he gets older and bigger he starts to get in the way due to his size so Santa sends him to New York to hunt for his father. This is a lovely film and really good for families to watch.
5. The Miracle on 34th Street (1994) – This for so long was my favourite Christmas film even though was released the same year as The Santa Clause (above) as loved the ending (I still love the ending and I believe should be the message we send out at Christmas). Starring Richard Attenborough as Kris Kingle it’s Mara Wilson as Susan that is the true star of the film. This is a remake of the 1947 film which didn’t have the same feeling as the 1994 version though as now been watching some of the old films I might give it a go again.
Though I also watch A Wonderful Life, The Santa Clause 3, Arthur Christmas amongst other Christmas Films, during the writing of this post I’ve watched both the Holiday Inn (where the song White Christmas was first sung) and White Christmas which are both brilliant films.
I have 2 new films to watch this year – A Christmas Story and Four Christmases as both I’ve not watched and tend to be high on the list of Christmas Movies to watch.